I thought it'd be fun to come up with a list of the all-time best movie lines. Use the comments section below [comments open again] for your suggestions. Try and do it from memory. Don't worry about getting it exactly right. Here's what comes to my mind:
- “We'll always have Paris” – Rick in Casablanca
- “Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship” – Rick in Casablanca
- “We don't need no stinkin' badges!” – bandito in Treasure of Sierra Madre (actual quote is here: “Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!“)
- “A man's got to know his limitations” – Clint Eastwood in Magnum Force
- “Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?” – Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry
- “I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto” – Dorothy in Wizard of Oz
- “What we have here … is failure to communicate” – warden in Cool Hand Luke?
- “A hospital? What is it?”, “It's a big building with patients in it, but that's not important right now!” – Airplane!
- “Say hello to my little friend!” – Tony Montana in Scarface
- “I'll have what she's having.” – Rob Reiner's mom in When Harry Met Sally after “Sally's” fake orgasm
I just found this: 100 Best Movie Lines in 200 Seconds