You've heard of the Beatles' “A Day in the Life?” Well, this is just one hour in mine. You can see the date/time stamp in the bottom corner of each video, a project I’ve been piecing together just for the sake of putting my dashcam to use.
My daughter's car was in the shop to repair the A/C. She forgot her work clothes in the backseat and, since her boyfriend was out running a separate errand and I was much closer anyway, she asked me to retrieve her clothes. This is that not-so-exciting tale, in video form.
- 1-bill-leaving-house. This dashcam has one camera pointed outward, and the other one inward, which I guess is a good safety feature for cabbies and rideshare drivers. In my case, it illustrates the need for a good hair and makeup team behind the scenes.
- 2-traffic-calming. The first part of this one shows a tree that came down in an overnight storm, but a few seconds later you see these experimental “traffic-calming” sideways sort of speedbumps. You don't drive over them, but they make the lane cock-eyed which throws you off and makes you slow down.
- 5-getting-something-from-elizabeths-car. Spoiler alert: this is where I grab her clothes from the backseat.
- 7-kedron-chayses-house. Oh, look, the boyfriend is already back. Looks like he could have done this errand himself.
- 10-bill-chayse-elizabeth. They're building a new enclosure for their bearded-dragon lizard, Ricky, so it's a worthy cause.